Luke L’Heureux, DMD, MD
Meet Dr. L’Heureux, Oral Surgeon in Waterville, ME
Dr. L’Heureux was born and raised in Waterville, ME. In the summer between high school and college, he underwent orthognathic surgery which spurred his interest in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He stayed in Waterville for his undergraduate degree and graduated from Colby College in 2006. During his summer breaks, he assisted in oral surgery which helped solidify his interest in the profession. He then went on to the University of Connecticut where he obtained a dental degree, medical degree, and oral and maxillofacial surgery certificate. Dr. L’Heureux practices full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgery with a special interest in dental implant surgery, wisdom tooth removal, corrective jaw surgery, jaw reconstruction, and repair of facial trauma. He is committed to staying up to date with the current trends in the management of dentofacial abnormalities and pathology and is well-versed in virtual planning to offer a truly customized treatment plan to his patients. He also takes pride in ensuring his patients are fully informed and at ease.
When he is not in the office he enjoys outdoor activities, soccer, and tennis. He also enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and three sons; they reside in Windham.
Dr. L’Heureux is happy to be at Mid-Maine Oral Surgery to help bring excellent care to the Maine community.
- Undergraduate: Colby College, BA Biology/Mathematics Magna Cum Laude, 2002-2006
- Dental Schoool: University of Connecticut, DMD, 2006-2010
- Medical School: University of Connecticut, MD, 2010-2013
- General Surgery: The University of Connecticut, 2-Year Certificate, 2013-2015
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: The University of Connecticut, 2010-2016
- American Dental Association (ADA): Member
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS): Member
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: Board Eligible
- Dr. L’Heureux LH and Lieblich S, Anesthesia Monitoring, In: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 3rd e, Fonseca Marciani & Turvey, Elsevier, 164-175, 2018
- Dr. L’Heureux LH and Ferneini EM, Head, Neck and Orofacial Infections in Immunocompromised Patients, In: Head, Neck and Orofacial Infections, EM Ferneini and JR Hypp, Elsevier, 406-415, 2016
- Dr. L’Heureux LH, Sohn A, and Ferneini EM, Complications of Facial Resurfacing, In: Complications in Maxillofacial Cosmetic Surgery, EM Ferneini, CL Castiglione and M Banki, Springer, 125-130, 2018