Before IV Anesthesia and Oral Sedation
Mid-Maine Oral Surgery – Waterville ME
You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight the night before your surgery. If you were instructed to take certain medications the morning of surgery, they must be taken with a tiny sip of water.
No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. A responsible adult should also be at home with you after surgery.
You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves or loose sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled, stable shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry or piercings, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, please notify the office prior to the day of surgery to review your condition with a nurse so that we can reschedule your appointment if necessary.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Sarka prior to your surgical date for instructions.